Saturday, June 21, 2014

My Cat Obsession

I've had a pretty good last few days, not a whole lot of outbursts, not panic attacks. All in all, good week. So I wanted to introduce my obsession(s). MY CATS! And I'll tell you now, if you've met a crazy cat lady they are not anywhere near as crazy as me.

First up: Marilynn Grace (yes all my cats have full names)

My fiance and I adopted Marilynn from out local animal shelter October of 2013 and in the short 7 months that we have had her she has become the light of my life. In the shelter she was apart from most of the other kittens (she was 4 months old when we got her) because she was timid and didn't like to play with the others. We took a chance on the scared little black kitten and in no time she was the most amazing thing in the world. She is spoiled and loves to cuddle up on the bed. We had a scare last March when we got her spayed. She lost oxygen to her brain during the surgery and had a stroke. Sitting in the vets office I was handed my unconscious ball of fur and was told to "make her as comfortable as possible" (we all know what that means). Within 2 weeks she was back to her crazy self (she was blind for most of the 2 weeks). I'm so thankful that God took care of my baby girl and I cherish every day with her.
The Day we Brought her Home :)

She's not a baby anymore :(

 Next: Audrey Elizabeth

Audrey was a little bit of a surprise, my mom's friend's cat had kittens and we decided to take one. We decided to take the one that looked most like Marilynn so we took the little black one, of course. We took her home mid May 2014 so we haven't had much time with her but she is a feisty ball of fur. She likes to attack anything that moves and is happy to jump up in your lap and try to eat whatever food is on your plate. I guess you could say she's spoiled. Her and Marilynn love each other like crazy (and I think they think they're mother and daughter) It's pretty adorable.
The Day we Brought Audrey Home :)
Just Plain Adorable

And Last But Not Least: Dwight Vincent

Dwight was even more of a surprise. He is Audrey's biological brother, the last of the litter to be adopted. The family couldn't find anyone that wanted him and were going to take him to the shelter. Well, I wasn't going to let that happen. He is just too cute to give up. He and Audrey wrestle and cuddle and love on each other all the time and it is adorable (even at 5am). He love snuggling and we love snuggling him. He also likes to try to eat off your plate but hey, what two month old has table manners?
The Day We Brought Him Home :) (he didn't like the car)
Precious <3

So there you have it, my crazy obsession with my cats. Just call me the Crazy Cat Lady.


This is all 3 of them trying to fit in one cat bed :)



No comments:

Post a Comment